Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 1: German

Since I'm planning to take German at the community college this summer, I decided to start working on German now. Like Julie Andrews is fond of saying in The Sound of Music, let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start: Deutsche Alphabet. I listened/watched a few videos on YouTube to help my learn the German alphabet. My favorite is Das deutsche Alphabet, and I've had that one playing on a loop most of the day. I listened to a few others to make sure I was pronouncing the letters properly- I noticed that I was trying to pronounce several the Spanish way instead of the German way. Anyway- I think I've got it down now. Later I'll practice spelling words out loud in German. But first, I've got to do dishes and clean the living room- then make supper. While I work, I'll listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment