Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 2: Learning German

Don't worry- I'm not actually going to update this blog every day. I think that would become rather boring. But for now, it keeps me on track.

Today I ordered my books for the German classes I am taking this summer. I got a German-English dictionary and the textbook, Kontakte (6th edition). I also spent more time on das alphabet, and realized that my pronunciation may still be off. There are many YouTube videos on the German alphabet, but unfortunately these videos give different pronunciations of several letters. So one of my quests this week is to find out, from a native, how to say the "A,B,C's" in German. Maybe Skype? I don't know yet.

I'm reading "The Polyglot Project" on Kindle for PC right now. It's not specific for German, but I hope it will prove helpful in my studies overall. Along the same lines, I'm also watching Laoshu's FLR Technique videos. I'm kind of switching between the two.

Today's "Yay!" moment: I actually spoke German on the phone! Granted, it was only two words "Wie gehts?", but it is an accomplishment. Especially since it was a spontaneous utterance, and I managed to remember the right words on a whim. So yeah- very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment